Today a new MyArcadePlugin version with some really nice features has been released.
This version comes with new MyArcadeFeed distributors:
- MyArcade Exclusive Games – This feed is hosted on MyArcadePlugin.com and it will contain exclusive and only high quality games. We’ve started with two awesome games but more will follow soon.
- 2PG.com Games offers quality multiplayer games. Currently the feed contains about 50 really nice games which you can publish in a few seconds.
You can access those new feeds from “MyArcade -> Fetch Games -> MyArcadeFeed”.
The next cool feature is that now you can use SWFObject to embed flash games. SWFObject offers optimized Flash Player embed methods. To enable this feature navigate to MyArcade -> Settings -> General Settings -> Use SWFObject.
Furthermore the Spilgames integration has been updated. New categories have been added and now you can fetch HTML5 games, too.
Here is the complete changelog for MyArcadePlugin v5.10.0:
- New: Updated MyArcadeFeed to handle embed / iframe games
- New: MyArcadePlugin feed url added to MyArcadeFeed which will contain some exlusive games
- New: 2PG feed url added to MyArcadeFeed (multiplayer games)
- New: Spilgames – updated feed categories (Cooking Games, Match-3 Games, HTML5 Games, Sudoku Games)
- New: Spilgames – Fetch and Embed HTML5 games
- New: SWFObject integration (MyArcade -> General Settings -> Use SWFObject)
- New: Filter to change SWFObject flashvars (myarcade_swfobject_flashvars)
- New: Filter to change SWFObject parameters (myarcade_swfobject_params)
- New: Filter to change SWFObject attributes (myarcade_swfobject_attributes)
- New: Filter to change feed URL while fetching games (myarcade_fetch_url)
You should see an update notification on your WordPress dashboard within one day but you can also download it directly from your account.
Awesome! How do I properly update without losing all my settings? eg the wordpress > admin > plugins doesn’t show an update avail even though I’m using the previous version so how best to update? thank you for an incredible plugin!
The update notification should be displayed within 12 hours but you can update manually with ease, without losing your settings:
1. Download the latest version
2. Deactivate old version and delete it
3. Upload and activate the new version
4. Check your settings and save
the new update was really very cool
Thanks Daniel for the awsome update.
Glad to see this update, but can’t wait until I can assign a specific user to publish games automatically (like an arcade bot user).
that’s already possible. Here I’ve posted a small function that will assign games to a specific user: http://myarcadeplugin.com/myarcadeplugin-v5-9-4-released/