Arcade Interview with Alvin Lee
Last time we had an interview with the ArcadeXD – WordPress Arcade Theme Developer, Buph and he disclosed us his secrets how to run a successful wp arcade site. Today we talked with Alvin Lee. Alvin is the owner of PodBuzz.com.
Let’s start with the interview
1. Could you introduce yourself and your site?
PodBuzz.com is an arcade site created to consolidate the best available free casual games online. My focus of this site lies in action-based games that are more focus on male audience. I am the founder of this site, Alvin Lee, and I am very happy to share my experience with all of you.
2. Which Arcade Theme do you use and why?
I am currently using a customized theme that I specially redesigned from the ArcadeMaster theme. I did major changes on the theme by including fullscreen features, time-based popularity indicators, user online counter, chat integration etc.
3. What do you do to get traffic?
I started off advertising with funklicks, google adword, mochi ads. Then later on, I did backlinks on gaming forum and arcade forums. Eventually, I did sponsorships for games when I got enough capital.
4. Do you promote your site and where?
Yes, Adwords mainly. It’s one of the more trusted ad network. I am also with talkarcades and of course, myarcadeplugin.
5. How many hours a week do you spend working on your WordPress Arcade site?
Initially I spend almost 5 hours daily to get my site up and running for the first month. Later on the hours is reduced to 8 hours per week which is spend on finding good games and publishing them on the site, and also some SEO link building and blog writing.
6. How many visitors you get daily and how much money do you make with your site?
2500 unique visitors per day growing at 200 to 300 visitors per month at current rate. I can only disclose I make a net profit of more than $100 per month and I will leave the rest for you to find out yourself by setting up your own arcade site with this wonderful plugin.
7. What are your top SEO tips for WordPress Arcade beginners?
Proper link building with related sites. Article writing with SEO techniques. Learn your own SEO techniques, never believe those cheap SEO hoaxes out there, SEO never come cheap, the only cheap SEO is to learn yourself with proper reading of books and take months and even years of learning no stop to understand the ever-changing algorithms. There is no easy way out. Trust me, learn it yourself, be your own boss.
9. What other experiences and tips you can share with us?
Get a good and strong server, yet cheap too. Be prepared for spikes in traffic and keep your site up and running. Arcade site is a highly liquid business, once you lose an hour of uptime, you will lose many fans and players. Make sure you spend enough for your server infrastructure.
Alvin, thank you very much for this interview!
Your Arcade Interview on MyArcadePlugin.com?
Do you have a sucessfull WordPress Arcade Site? If you want to share your experiance and your tips with us, just send us the answeres to the following questions:
- Could you introduce yourself and your site?
- What theme do you use and why?
- If you use the FunGames Theme, did you modify it and what did you change?
- What do you do to get traffic?
- Do you promote your site and where?
- How many hours a week do you spend working on your WordPress Arcade site?
- How many visitors you get daily and how much money do you make with your site?
- What are your top SEO tips for WordPress Arcade beginners?
- What other experiences and tips you can share with us?