Do You Need Web Hosting?
Running a WordPress Arcade site is not a big thing. But running a successful WordPress Arcade Site is a challenge. The most web hosting services are able to host WordPress site but if it has to be reachable and fast the most hostings fail. Thereby we would like to recommend Bluehost.
The most of the MyArcadePlugin users host their sites on Bluehost, HostGator or GoDaddy because they are fast, have a great uptime and features that WordPress needs to run properly. At other hosts, you have to pay for the most extra features.
Features included with Bluehost:
- At least PHP 5.4.x
- Variable memory_limit – WordPress needs memory! If you don’t have enough PHP memory, visitors will get blank pages when visiting your site. You will also get error messages when trying to publish posts and to fetch games. You will need at least 64M memory_limit to run WordPress Arcade properly. With Bluehost, you will get at least 128M!
- Disk Space – If you plan to host games on your site then you will need a lot of disc space. Bluehost offers you UNLIMITED space for your WP Arcade site!
- Monthly Data Bandwidth – This one is one of the most important things. If you want to have a successful Arcade Site you need a lot of visitors – but visitors cause traffic. For that reason, you need unlimited monthly bandwidth! This feature is included in all WordPress hosting plans on Bluehost, HostGator and GoDaddy.
- … and a lot more.
Do you Already Have A Web Hosting?
If you already have a web hosting and you are not sure if you can run WordPress and MyArcadePlugin on it, then download our Server Compatibility Check Script, upload it to your server and run it. The script will check your server settings and tell you if you meet our WordPress Arcade requirements:
Download and unzip the Server Check Script. Upload the PHP script to your hosting/server and run it.
MyArcadePlugin Server Requirements
- PHP Version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL Version 5.0.0 or greater
- PHP Memory Limit (memory_limit) 64M or more
- JSON support ON